Specially formulated for today’s high velocity firearms
Montana X-Treme Bore Solvent is uniquely formulated to remove all forms of fouling in today’s high velocity firearms. Many successful competitive shooters and barrel manufacturers have endorsed Montana X-Treme as the best bore cleaning product available. Recommended for general firearm cleaning. Safe for all firearm applications. Excellent for handgun applications. Safe for use on actions and bolts. Montana X-Treme Bore Solvent is completely barrel safe and can be left in the barrel overnight if desired. To ensure best results when removing copper deposits, use in combination with Montana X-Treme Copper Cream.
- Soak a suitable sized Montana X-Treme patch in Bore Solvent and mount on a jag.
- From the receiver end (and preferably through a bore guide) push patch through the bore allowing it to fall off as it exits the barrel. Repeat with a new patch. For maximum results allow the barrel to “soak” at least 15 minutes before continuing.
- Soak a nylon brush in Bore Solvent and work the brush through the bore approximately 20 times.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with two patches. If fouling is still present, repeat step 3.
- (Optional for copper deposits) Apply a liberal amount of Montana X-Treme Copper Cream to a tight fitting patch and work through the bore several times.
- When satisfied the bore is clean, run two dry patches through the bore.
- To further protect the bore, add a small amount of Montana X-Treme Bore Conditioner to a patch and run through the bore several times. Ensure that you do not leave a heavy amount of oil in the barrel.